R.I.P DHS

R.I.P+DHS

Aly Bauer, Staff Writer

As the time to say goodbye to dear ole Dover High creeps closer, it is only appropriate to pay tribute and give DHS its very own obituary. Here is our goodbye:

It is with the least amount of grief possible that we announce the passing of Dover High School. After years on the ballot, the voters finally decided to pull the plug on DHS’s life support.

Born in 1915, Dover High School provided a home for many. It was a place for students and bacteria to grow. With its many undiscovered nooks and crannies, DHS gave students a new way to explore; sometimes, even a fright when the elevator displayed its age as it creaked and moaned on the way up or down.

Preceding in its death, DHS is joined by the many crunched cockroaches on the steps, choir room floor and several water fountains.

Dover High began to decline in health shortly after the first ceiling tile fell in Miss Raber’s room. More indications included the wall by Ms. Nign’s room developing a tumor that only continued to grow outward.

DHS is survived by its students incredibly strong immune systems and its beloved staff members patience.

As we welcome the new building with lockers that do not leak, sinks with faucets that turn on and free of the bat carcass in the auditorium, to Dear Old Dover High, we will always loyal be.